Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Daylight Girl

Oh, my lovely, where'd you get those daylight eyes

Did you come down to the city in the arms of the sunrise
Don't you know that all your tears can stay with me
And you know those glimmering gates swung wide
To show you all the angel trees dug deep inside
For your open arms to take and keep for free

And if I could give you anything
I'd want to give you everything
And the world would tell you that's not enough
Daylight girl, won't you shine on me

Oh, my lovely, where'd you get that raincloud smile
That could wash away all my stains for a while
Don't you know that you have made me new again
And the angel trees dug deep did start to grow
Toward the sky blue sky and the fire below
And their voices started blooming into ten times ten

And if I could bloom like flowers do
I'd dig my roots down deep for you
Just to let you tell me that you knew the truth
Raincloud girl, won't you fall on me

Oh, my lovely, where'd you get your rainbow arms
That embraced me with the prisms of your rainbow charm
Don't you know that I'd come looking for your gold
Even if it cost me the rest of my days
Even if it cost me your mysterious ways
Just to hear you tell all those stories left untold

And if I could see your colors grow
Like flowers down beneath the snow
I'd die breathing a sigh of relief
Rainbow girl, won't you shine on me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home