Friday, July 07, 2006

"marry a whore," You said;
"marry a woman guaranteed
to break her vows, to break your
heart--and I can tell you,
sir, that you will love her
enough to pick up those fragments
and melt them into blood and
gold to win her back to you."

"while i'm pretty sure You're not
serious--"

"when am I not serious, son,
in telling my people what to do?"

"good point, but as i was saying,
i will go and do so, if it pleases You--"

"and name your children as
the world would name them--
Not Mine, Not Loved--as children
of infidelity. but they will be loved,
they will be yours, even as they
are Mine, son."

"but what are You trying to say?
i'm not quite sure i understand
why You're so bent on making me
into a cuckold."

"that I will wound you, but restore you;
that I am faithful when you're not;
that I will buy You with the breaking of
My own heart--even you, hosea. even you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home