Thursday, June 09, 2005

Letter.

I have no doubt that you, who are in the presence
Of the most lovely and most beautiful, are paying
No attention to the dealings of us mortals here below,
But I still need to direct this to you, a man I never met
Except through that part of yourself that was
Dealt out through your genes to your children.

I'm sitting here in this room full of grey and black
With the occasional burst of color amidst the clouds,
And I can't help but think that there's so much life in this room--
People that knew you, loved you, our warm bodies
Filling this space, breathing in the oxygen we need,
And just once, for today, we're reminded that we
Are very small, very fragile in this universe that
Will destroy us one day--but you, sir,
You are more alive than any of us now.
You have come out of this darkened cave
To the very paradise of the real,
And as you wait for Jesus to come redeem your
Fallen, broken tent that the cancer destroyed,
Will you figure out the mystery of mercy you tried to understand?

I don't know. I just know that here below
We creatures will praise Him with the heavenly host
As we mourn, and remember, and rejoice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home